Benvenuti in Italia!
Welcome to a week-long yoga, walking, foodie and cultural immersion in the artful lifestyle and sublime landscape of Tuscany! You will be embraced into the best of authentic Tuscan life and welcomed like family on a fabulous, rustic-chic farm-estate. Yoga will open us to receive the offerings of the day. Not to mention gourmet farm-to-table cooking at every meal, excellent regional wines, and our wonderful Italian crew taking care of every little thing with grace, passion, and joy – Viva!
This year, the retreat is dedicated to women – it's going to be a joyful week!
We will settle into our beautiful lodgings near the jewel-like town of Pienza for the entire week – so you can succumb to la dolce vita, the sweet life.
Slow down and savor like a local. Being here has a magical way of renewing your love for the simple beauty of life. You'll return rejuvenated, with a deep sense of wellbeing.
Set in the heart of the most beautiful region of Tuscany, our location is perfect for exploring the surrounding towns both famous and secret.
Our days begin with morning yoga followed by a bountiful farm breakfast – buon apetito!
A walk/hike excursion will be offered most days, other days feature outings further afield to a gorgeous art-town for exploring, and more.
Our walking itineraries will fan out from our base, covering some of the most beautiful terrain in all of Tuscany. Each walk will have a unique flavor and style, with visits to hilltop towns and abbeys, gorgeous villages, sublime views – and some will include hot springs soaks! We'll walk the Via Francigena pilgrimage path to Bagno Vignoni, an ancient hot springs known since Roman times. Our outings will incorporate lots of local culture (and foodie everything), history and lore, to enhance your experience of this mythic land where the hand of man has worked in harmony with nature for millennia.
All activities are optional. You are always invited to do as much or as little as you wish. Deep relaxation on the peaceful grounds of our estate, by the pool, or assisting the chef at our farmhouse are wonderful choices. Italians cultivate “sweet doing-nothing”. They call this esteemed practice: dolce far niente.
On most afternoons we will also enjoy a restorative yoga session, to unwind from the day's activities. Then it's sunset aperitivo time with free-flowing prosecco and local antipasti. Salute!
Our country estate is rustic-chic, comfortable and very beautiful, and features a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and massages in their little spa, in the midst of authentic Tuscan splendor. Professional kitchen with excellent dining – run by the owners, our host my friend Alessandro Capitoni, and his excellent team including Fabrizio, Massimo, and chef Gianni, who all add unforgettable charm to the experience. Lovely rooms, all with private bathrooms, and a breathtaking setting immersed in the classic Val d'Orcia countryside. The podere has become a very sought-after address! Read more about the setting
Morning yoga sessions will awaken and energize with clear, alignment instruction for all levels.
We bring mindful awareness to the innate intelligence of the body, develop focus and clarity, and enjoy the present moment while building stability and strength. Integrated, functional core movement and breath.
Our purpose will be to support our greatest vitality as our bodies change and we progress on the path of life.
All levels of yoga experience are welcome, with individual stages of practice to honor and address each student.
In the late afternoon a restorative yoga session is offered, to assist recovery, balance the nervous system, and learn simple, take-home practices that help reduce stress.
We will practice outdoors in a pavilion in the garden, or indoors in an old stone room with natural light.
As a longtime former resident of Tuscany, Julia is at home in Italy and is fluent in Italian. While living in Tuscany for nearly 10 years, she attended the Florence Academy of Art, and has led dozens of retreats in the region, including painting intensives and cycling trips, in addition to food&wine, yoga, and culture retreats.
For traveler's reviews of Tuscany Passion, please click here
What's Included and the Full Scoop:
Retreat Cost: $3500* Includes just about everything. The retreat is structured so you will have a fulfilling experience with great ease.
• 8 days/7 nights accommodation on a magical country estate, lovingly restored, and run by its owners. Comfortable, double-occupancy room with private bathroom. (limited singles available).
• All sumptuous, amazing meals for the week, except for two lunches out. Some of our meals will be enjoyed in hand-picked local restaurants, and wine-estates, and many meals will be the amazing feasts served at our farm, which is a foodie's dream.
• Daily Yoga sessions. We will have an energizing morning session and a restorative session on most afternoons to unwind deepen our practice. All yoga props provided. • All Daily excursions to villages, abbeys, sites, cultural explorations in art towns, artist's visits. The sublime countryside surrounding our retreat-home also encompasses many of the region's most beautiful towns. Montepulciano, Montalcino, Pienza, Siena, Arezzo, and Cortona are among the selection of exquisite places we visit. • Local Guides and a Support Van will accompany most of our walks, adding local color and knowledge, (and a lift partway for those who wish to walk less!)
• Vineyard visits and winery tours with wonderful local wine-producers (off-the-beaten-track and richly authentic), including tastings with hearty local accompaniments.
• Guided tour of one of the Tuscan art cities (each trip is a different) with a passionate and inspiring native guide. (Arezzo and/or Cortona are on the menu for 2018!)
• Authentic and fun cooking class with Gianni Folegnani, the wonderful chef of our estate. Prepare a four-course meal which will be our dinner-feast.
• Taste, Sip, Savor, and Indulge in one of the world’s most luscious and artful culinary traditions – from olive oil, cheese, and wines to foraged delights from farm and forest. Delight all your senses and learn from the passionate local experts.
*Not included in retreat price: Airfare to Italy, transfer to the retreat, 2 lunches out.
A $500 deposit is due upon registration to hold your place, with the remaining balance due 90 day before start of the retreat. * Prices are for shared occupancy. Limited single rooms are available on request with a $500 supplement . **Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
The Passion retreats are very popular and fill quickly. It is recommended to reserve your space by placing your deposit for registration early.
Our group is limited to a small size (up to 12 max) to enhance the quality of the experience, and will be given on a first-come/first-served basis.