Benvenuti in Italia!
Welcome to a week-long cycling, yoga, and cultural immersion in the artful lifestyle and sublime landscape of Tuscany. You will be embraced into the best of authentic Tuscan culture and welcomed like family on our fabulous, rustic-chic farm-estate. Yoga will open us to receive the offerings of the day, which include cycling with fun local guides on some of the most beautiful roads in the world, hilltop villages, ancient abbeys, wineries, and glorious landscape. Not to mention gourmet farm-to-table cooking at every meal, excellent regional wines, and wonderful Italian hosts taking care of every little thing with grace, passion, and joy – Viva!
We will settle into our beautiful ancient lodgings near the jewel-like town of Pienza for the entire week – so you can succumb to la dolce vita, the sweet life.
Slow down and savor like a local. Being here has a magical way of renewing your vision of the simple beauty of life. You'll return with a rejuvenated deep sense of wellbeing.
Set in the heart of the most beautiful region of Tuscany, our location is perfect for exploring the surrounding towns both famous and secret.
Our days begin with dynamic and energizing morning yoga to awaken awareness and invite more ease and clarity to life, followed by a bountiful farm breakfast. We'll be cycling most days (except for two days off the bikes (optional) when we’ll explore the art city of Siena, and hike the pilgrimage path to Bagno Vignoni, an ancient hot springs, at our leisure.)
Our cycling itineraries will fan out from our base, covering some of the most beautiful terrain in all of Tuscany. Each ride day will accommodate both those wishing to take it easier, and offer a longer loop with enough challenge for anyone who wants their fill. We will visit medieval towns and abbeys, gorgeous villages, and sublime vistas. Our outings will incorporate lots of local culture (and foodie everything), history, and lore, to enhance your experience of this mythic land where the hand of man has worked in harmony with nature for millennia.
All activities are optional. You are always invited to do as much or as little as you wish. Deep relaxation on the peaceful grounds of our estate, by the pool, or walking the surrounding paths are a wonderful choice. Italians cultivate “sweet doing-nothing”. They call this esteemed practice: dolce far niente.
On most afternoons we will also enjoy a restorative yoga session, to unwind from the day's activities, and enhance recovery. Then bask in the gorgeous evening light over antipasti and excellent local vintages.
Our country estate is rustic, comfortable and very beautiful, and features a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and excellent massages in their spa, in the midst of authentic Tuscan splendor. Professional kitchen with excellent dining – run by the owners, our host my friend Alessandro Capitoni, and his excellent team including Fabrizio, Massimo, and chef Gianni, who all add unforgettable charm to the experience. Lovely rooms, all with private bathrooms, and a breathtaking setting immersed in the classic Val d'Orcia countryside. The farm-estate has become a very sought-after address! Read more about the setting
The retreat is open to everyone– men and women– and it's going to be a joyful week!
As a longtime former resident of Tuscany, Julia is at home in Italy and is fluent in Italian. While living in Tuscany for nearly 10 years, she attended the Florence Academy of Art, and led dozens of cycling trips here, as well as culture, art and yoga retreats in the region.
Excellent road bikes are available to rent, with your choice of level, ranging all the way up to the highest top-of-the-line carbon road bikes. Hybrid-style electric-assisted bikes are also available, and are a fantastic choice for any reason, making all routes accessible to everyone regardless of fitness or experience level. Read more about bikes here
Morning yoga sessions are energizing and dynamic, with clear, personalized alignment instruction that calls on the innate intelligence of the body. Meaningful traditional yoga infused with some of the latest evolutions in fitness and biomechanics make the practice both accessible, and playfully challenging for all levels. Our purpose will be to connect to self and thereby open with mindfulness and presence to the day ahead.
All levels of yoga experience are welcome, with individual stages of practice to honor and address each student.
Teachings from the wisdom traditions are integrated in our physical practice, and inspire us to access greater ease, joy, and well-being in daily life.
In the late afternoon a restorative yoga session is offered, to assist recovery, balance the nervous system, and learn simple, take-home practices that help reduce stress. We will practice outdoors in a pavilion in the garden, or indoors in an old stone room with natural light.
Praise for Tuscany Passion! For More Traveler's Reviews, please click here
What's Included and the Full Scoop:
Retreat Cost: $3500* Includes just about everything. The retreat is structured so you will have a fulfilling experience with great ease.
• 8 days/7 nights accommodation in a magical, rustic, ancient country estate, lovingly restored, and run by its owners. Comfortable, double-occupancy room with private bathroom. (limited singles available).
• All sumptuous, amazing meals for the week, except for two lunches out. Some of our meals will be enjoyed in hand-picked local restaurants, a couple of lunches will be on wine-estates, and many meals will be the amazing feasts prepared at the farm, which is a foodie's dream.
• Daily Yoga sessions. We will have an energizing morning session to prepare body and mind to receive the gifts of the day, and a restorative session on most afternoons to unwind from cycling and to deepen our practice. All yoga props provided. • Daily guided bike rides and excursions to villages, abbeys, sites, cultural explorations. The cycling in Tuscany is the best in the world, simply divine! A myriad small, traffic-free routes wind through the sublime countryside surrounding our retreat-home, and encompassing many of the region's most beautiful towns. Montepulciano, Montalcino, Pienza, and Siena, are just some of the exquisite places we visit. • Guided day-walk on the pilgrim's footpaths from Pienza to the ancient hot springs village of Bagno Vignoni for a soak in the pools there.
• Two Professional Local Cycling Guides (plus Julia) and a Support Van will accompany our cycling trips, providing mechanical assistance, safety, local color and knowledge to each day's ride. We will provide for you to ride at your own pace and enjoy.
• Vineyard visits and winery tours with wonderful local wine-producers (off-the-beaten-track and richly authentic), including tastings with hearty local accompaniments.
• Guided tour of beautiful Siena with Cristina Amberti, a passionate and inspiring native guide. Siena is considered one of the best-preserved medieval cities in the world.
• Authentic and fun cooking class with the wonderful chef of our estate. Prepare a four-course meal which will be our dinner-feast.
• Taste, Sip, Savor, and Indulge in one of the world’s most luscious and artful culinary traditions – from olive oil, cheese, and wines to foraged delights from farm and forest. Delight all your senses and learn from the passionate local experts.
*Not included in retreat price: Airfare to Italy, transfer to the retreat, 2 lunches out, bike rental, drinks (other than wine with dinner, and mineral water.)
A $500 deposit is due upon registration to hold your place, with the remaining balance due 90 day before start of the retreat. * Prices are for shared occupancy. Limited single rooms are available on request with a $500 supplement . **Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
The Passion retreats are very popular and fill quickly. It is recommended to reserve your space by placing your deposit for registration early.
Our group is limited to a small size (up to 12 max) to enhance the quality of the experience, and will be given on a first-come/first-served basis.